Friday, July 10, 2015

Cinderella Bridal Shower: How-to Crafts and Decor


I wanted to do another post about the Cinderella Bridal Shower I threw a few months back. I wanted to give some directions for some of the some of the fun things I made. The original post is here: http://berriesofwisdom.blogspot.com/2015/03/cinderella-bridal-shower.html
 

First thing, is these adorable little mice! They were easy and fun! And delicious!
 

 HERSHEY KISS MICE:
Hershey Kisses
Googly Eyes
Pink Paper
Hot Glue
Pink Marker (I used a highlighter)
 
Cut the pink paper into ears. Mine were long, with one rounded end (kind like a half oval). I hot-glued 2 Kisses together with the ears in between them, round end sticking out. Then hot-glue the googly eyes and color the Hershey Kiss tag pink, for the tail. I also cut off the tag near the nose too.
 
I also put the extra Kisses I had in little blue organza bags from the Dollar Store, along with some cut-outs form princess scrapbook paper I had. These made adorable party favors to take home with the little chocolate mice.

 
 
      
 And the mice were a cute addition in the cheese too!

I bought these 'glass' slippers off the Internet. Some website, they were about $10 for 24 slippers. And then after the party, my kids kept a couple and I used a few for a mini-golf course that I made for a wedding (that's a whole 'nother post...), and then I sold the remaining 'glass' slippers on a Facebook Yard Sale site for $10. I filled them with gold, white, and blue Sixlets.

 
 
These paper fan clocks were really fun and easy too. I have them set at midnight, for when Cinderella has to get home form the ball.

 First, make paper fans. You can easily make these fans for all sorts of décor for any kind of party. They can be made big or small, hanging down or taped to a wall. Even small and on a stick.
 1. Accordion fold the paper long way.

 2. After folding, fold it in half and secure the 2 sides that are touching together. Staple, hot-glue, tape. I just recently discovered hot-glue (I know, crazy!) and it is the fastest for this. Then the stapler.
 
3. Do this with 4 pieces of paper. Then attach them together like the below formation.


4. Cut out a circle of paper in a different color and hot-glue to the center of the circle. Do this for any decorative fan, it makes it look better and neater. Then for this particular project I cut out arrow/hands and pointed them to midnight!


 
And these gold and silver tooth picks were fun and cute for the meat and cheese tray! I got them off Amazon for about $4 and I have used them for many others parties since.
 


I made these adorable 'pumpkins' with clementines and celery!

And the main dish were these delicious Mini Ham Cup Omelets
 













No comments:

Post a Comment