Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Minnie Mouse Sucker Centerpiece


This Minnie Mouse centerpiece was so fun! It was pretty easy and was about $20 to make too!


Dum-Dum Suckers ( I used 2 big bags of suckers, but I also didn't use any of the green, orange, or weird ones that didn't match my 'theme'). - $6/bag

1 bigger Styrofoam/foam ball - $1/Dollar Store

2 smaller Styrofoam/foam balls - $5, the Dollar Store was out of these, but check there before the craft store.

About 3-4 kabob sticks, or other stick, broke in half.

Ribbon, tied into a bow and hot-glued to a greening pin. (You could glue the bow directly to a sucker on the Minnie, but I wanted to reuse it for another party later)

I placed this on a big vase I already had and I filled the vase with colored shredded paper/confetti from the Dollar Store - $3









Stick the suckers in the big foam ball first. Just put them near each other and keep going. I left a space where the ears would go. Then I did the same with the small foam balls, leaving a space where they would connect. Then I used the kabob stick to "attach" the ears to the head. Placed it on the vase, and set it on my treat table.

FYI: Kids will eat the suckers, just so you know :)



After the Minnie's Bow-tique Party, I took the ears off, filled in any missing suckers, changed my vase filling and got a mason jar, and made two new centerpieces for my 4-year-old's Pajama and Pancake party. (Check out the whole party here http://berriesofwisdom.blogspot.com/2015/09/pancakes-and-pajamas-birthday-party.html )




No comments:

Post a Comment